- The MicroPro Sienna Trendy Photo Contest (the “Contest”) begins on May 1, 2023 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET and ends on October 31, 2023 at 23:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). By participating in this Contest (including submitting a Submission (defined below)), you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). There are four (4) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”) during the Contest Period, as outlined in the following table:
May 1, 2023 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET
May 12, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET
June 13, 2023 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET
June 26, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET
July 19, 2023 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET
August 1, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET
November 7, 2023 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET
November 21, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec); (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she/they resides; and (iii) work at a company involved in building construction, renovation, repair or maintenance (a “Business”) (including self-employed trades people and contractors). Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Timber Specialties Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An entrant is not entering on his/her/their own behalf, but on behalf of the applicable Business. Each Prize (defined below) will not be awarded to the entrant, but rather to the applicable Business – the entrant will not receive any Prize (unless he/she/they is the Business owner).
HOW TO ENTER:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest and earn one (1) Entry, log-in to your Instagram Account and post content that: (i) includes a Photo that depicts the applicable theme; and (ii) includes #MPScontest and @MicroProSienna. When all required steps of the entry process are complete during the Contest Period (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), you will be eligible to earn one (1) Entry in the Contest.
To be eligible, all content and materials associated with your Entry (including without limitation the Photo) (collectively, the “Submission”) must: (i) be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period; (ii) include all required components and materials noted above; (iii) depict the applicable theme; (iv) be in accordance with these Rules, including, but not limited to, the specific Submission Requirements listed below; and (v) be in accordance with the applicable terms, rules, policies and guidelines of Instagram (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. You may only use your Instagram account to participate in this Contest. Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, YOU AGREE THAT THE SUBMISSION (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR SUBMISSION. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her/their Submission:
- is original to them and that the entrant has all necessary rights to the Submission to enter the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable people;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libellous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of the Contest Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of the Contest Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Submission must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained — note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Contest Sponsor and/or its designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) may screen your Submission. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his/her/their Submission, in order to help ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, or for any other reason.
RELEASE AND LICENSE:
- By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each entrant: (i) without limiting the applicable Instagram Rules, grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a worldwide non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her/their Submission, in whole or in part, in perpetuity and for any purpose (including without limitation for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor) in any type of media; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her/their Submission in favour of the Contest Parties; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other cause of action that relates in any way to his/her/their Submission, including, without limitation, any intellectual property or privacy related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or remove any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission, if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission, or for any other reason
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, upon the Contest Sponsor’s request, an entrant will be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with a photo release (using the form of release provided by the Contest Sponsor) that is signed by the owner of the home, building or other structure depicted or described in his/her Submission and that confirms the entrant has all necessary rights in and to his/her Submission as required to enter this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such signed photo release to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
LIMITS AND VERIFICATION:
- There is a limit of three (3) Submissions per Project. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Instagram accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she/they may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Submission may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor): (i) it is not fully completed with all required information; and/or (ii) your Submission does not comply with the Submission Requirements and/or is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Submissions (all of which are void). All Submissions and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Submissions or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- There are four (4) prizes (each a “Prize”; collectively “Prizes”) available to be won during the Contest. Each Prize consists of $200 CAD Home Depot gift card and the opportunity to be featured on the MicroPro Sienna and/or retail partners’ websites and social media pages (this latter prizing element has no retail value). The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. All characteristics and features of the Prizes, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Limit of one (1) Prize per person/Business.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As stated above, an entrant is not entering on his/her own behalf, but on behalf of the applicable Business. Each Prize will not be awarded to the entrant, but rather to the applicable Business – the entrant will not receive any Prize (unless he/she/they is the Business owner).
JUDGING TO SELECT WINNERS:
- On each of the dates listed in the following table, a panel of judges (the “Contest Judges”) appointed by the Contest Sponsor will judge each Submission received prior to the end of the applicable Entry Period on the basis of the weighted criteria listed in the table below:
May 17, 2023
June 28, 2023
August 3, 2023
November 23, 2023
Creativity of the Project
Use of the Sienna Treated Wood
Fulfil the theme
Functionality & integration into location
- The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each selected entrant to notify him/her/them that he/she/they may have won a Prize using the Instagram account used to enter the Contest (as applicable and as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) within three (3) business days after the applicable Judging Date. Each selected entrant is solely responsible for monitoring his/her/their Instagram account and ensuring his/her/their account settings are set to receive such notification messages from the Contest Sponsor. In the event that a selected entrant cannot be contacted within such time, he/she/they will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected in accordance with the procedure outlined above at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant). Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full declaration and release form stating that, among other things, he/she/they has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required (and will be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with a photo release, using the form of release provided by the Contest Sponsor, that is signed by the owner of the home, building or other structure depicted or described in his/her/their Submission and that confirms the entrant has all necessary rights in and to his/her/their Submission as required to enter this Contest and grant the rights in and to his/her/their Submission as provided herein), authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her/their name and/or the Business’ name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence/business, photograph, voice and any other likeness, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, assigns all intellectual property, including copyright, in and to his/her/their Submission to the Contest Sponsor, waives all his/her/their moral rights in and to his/her/their Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsor, agrees to indemnify the Released Parties (defined below) against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her/their Submission, accepts the Prize as awarded and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her/their participation therein and/or the awarding and the selected entrant’s use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If: (a) a selected entrant fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (b) the selected entrant/Business cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (c) the selected entrant/Business is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then the selected entrant/Business may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate potential winner in accordance with the procedure outlined above at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
- By entering this Contest each entrant and participant automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Submissions and entrants are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Submissions and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of Instagram during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry, Submission or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Submission to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the Submission. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an Instagram account by Instagram. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she/they is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the Submission in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Submission with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Contest Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with for his/her/their Submission for the purpose of administering the Contest. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact: Jana Proctor, Marketing Manager, Timber Specialties Limited, 35 Crawford Crescent, P.O. Box 520, Campbellville, ON, L0P 1B0 / (905) 854-2244 /email@example.com. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Contest Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of his/her/their personal information.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to any Instagram, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Actual product colour may vary from colour shown in photos.
MicroPro Sienna Treated Wood products are produced by independently owned and operated wood preserving facilities.
MicroPro, MicroPro Sienna, and Cut-N-Seal are registered trademarks of Koppers Performance Chemicals Inc.